Are you planning to venture into a food delivery business? Well, there is no better time than now. In today’s world, where people order food in a few clicks, it outgrows the number of people who prefer wine-and-dine.
According to Forbes, the food industry market will be $200 billion strong by 2025. In the wake of the current pandemic, the online food delivery market has seen exponential growth and insane potential revenue capture across the globe.
Need a food delivery business plan? We’re here to help!
To start a food delivery business, the first thing you will need is a business plan.
A business plan bridges the gap between your thoughts, assumptions, expectations, and actual market, competition, and customer expectations. Determining financial needs, documenting them alongside a marketing plan, and building your revenue model all of this becomes easier with a winning business plan.
Before you start writing your business plan for your new food delivery business, spend as much time as you can reading through some examples of services-related business plans.
Reading sample business plans will give you a good idea of what you’re aiming for and also it will show you the different sections that different entrepreneurs include and the language they use to write about themselves and their business plans.
We have created this sample Houston - Food Delivery Business Plan for you to get a good idea about how perfect a food delivery business plan should look and what details you will need to include in your stunning business plan.
Food Delivery Business Plan Outline
This is the standard food delivery business plan outline which will cover all important sections that you should include in your business plan.
- Executive Summary
- Business Overview
- Our vision and mission statement
- Our Values
- Startup Summary
- 3 Year profit forecast
- Company Overview
- Registred name and corporate structure
- Company Location
- Company Resources
- The Financing
- Investor Equity
- Startup cost
- Funding Required
- Products and Services
- Products and services
- The Order Process For Both Sides
- Regulatory Requirements
- Market Analysis
- On-Demand Delivery Market
- The United States Market
- Strategy & Implementation
- SWOT Analysis
- Threats Mitigation
- Marketing And Sales Plan
- Launch Day
- Personnel plan
- Average Salary of Employees
- Financial Plan
- Important Assumptions
- Brake-even Analysis
- Projected Profit and Loss
- Profit Yearly
- Gross Margin Yearly
- Projected Cash Flow
- Projected Balance Sheet
- Business Ratios
How to write a food delivery business plan?
With so many things on the plate, the start point of the business plan may look blurry. You may want to hire a business plan writer, but remember that no person knows better about your business than yourself!
Using this food delivery business plan template you don’t have to rely on an outsourced writer to write YOUR business plan. Also, you don’t have to put in immense effort in drafting the ideal outline.
What to include in a food delivery business plan?
Writing a business often seems overwhelming. However, here are a few tips that will help you outline your business plan.
- A business plan should typically have an executive summary- With this, you can have a primary understanding of your target group, business outline, and other administrative summaries.
- You can include a market analysis section that updates you with the latest statistics and trends in the on-demand delivery market.
- SWOT analysis is perhaps the most important section you can include to mitigate threats in the market, grab potential opportunities and outline the marketing and sales plan.
- Since the food-delivery business revolves around a delivery personnel network, make sure you have this section included in your plan. You could also add the restaurant partners and their set commission/fees.
- It all boils down to what and how are you going to invest? Thus, documenting your financial strategies, having a break-even analysis, and projecting cash flow are highly crucial.
After getting started with upmetrics, you can copy this sample business plan into your business plan and modify the required information and download your food delivery business plan pdf. It's the fastest and easiest way to start writing your business plan.
Customize your Business Plan
All businesses are different. So, don't hesitate to customize your business plan according to your requirements. Even though our sample business plans aim to help you create the perfect presentation for your clients and investors, it is finally up to you to decide how you're going to present your ideas in the best light.
Business Plan Software
Our upmetrics business plan software can help you to customize your business plan and provides you a step-by-step guide to write your business plan. You can save your plan online and update it any time, or download it as a PDF or DOC file. You can share business plan online with investors or any other important person with upmetrics easily.